Privacy Statement Addendum for China Residents
Effective Date: 6/8/2023
This Addendum applies to residents of the in the People’s Republic of China (“China”, which, solely for the purposes herein, is exclusive of Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau). We are committed to processing and protecting your personal data under Chinese law, including the Personal Information Protection Law of the People’s Republic of China (PIPL).
Viking Pump, a company with its principal place of business at 406 State St, Cedar Falls, IA 50613 will process your personal data pursuant to this Statement as a personal data handler under PIPL, and can be contacted at the following email addresses: email@example.com or Privacy@idexcorp.com.
- Collection of Information
We collect the following information on our website:
a. Information We Collect Automatically:
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect the following information which is stored separate from other data that you may provide to us. We use this information to provide the Sites to you, deduce statistical and anonymous information about the users of the Sites and for the technical administration and the security of the Sites:
- Log Information – We log information about each session and the use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites.
- Device Information – We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version and mobile network information.
b. Information You Provide to Us:
We also collect information you provide directly to us. For example, when you visit the Sites, we collect information when you request to create an account, respond to a survey, participate in any interactive features of the Sites, sign up for a newsletter or provide general feedback. The types of information we may collect include your name, company name, title, street address, telephone number, email address and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information for offering the function that you use respectively.
- Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including:
- Providing our Sites to the users; Maintaining and improving our Sites;
- Providing and improving our customer service, including responding to your comments, questions and requests (e.g. product queries or technical questions);
- Analysing and managing our business;
- Establishing and managing our business relationship, e.g. when you as a customer contact us via one of the Sites and we connect this request to your business account;
- Improving our IT security;
- Defending our legal interests, e.g. when claiming remedies of attacks on our website;
- Processing employment inquiries;
- Communicating with you about services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by IDEX and others; and
- Carrying out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected or for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please see the section of this Statement entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
- Legal Basis for processing
We are entitled to process your personal data because one or more of the following legal bases applies:
- You have given consent;
- Processing is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract with you or necessary to conduct human resources management in accordance with lawfully formulated labor rules and regulations and lawfully concluded contracts;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with legal or regulatory obligations that we may discharge;
- Processing is necessary to respond to sudden public health incidents or protect individuals’ lives and health, or the security of their property, under emergency conditions; or
- Processing is necessary to undertake news reporting, public opinion supervision, and the performance of other tasks carried out in the public interest.
- International Data Transfers
To the extent permitted by PIPL, we may transfer your personal data outside of China to companies and/or branches within our group or to third parties as described in this Statement, and we will ensure the recipient is bound by applicable laws in its jurisdiction to provide a standard of protection for your personal data that is equivalent to that under this Statement.
- Retention Periods
We delete or anonymise your personal data as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which we processed it.
In general, we store your personal data for the duration of the usage or the contractual relationship via the website plus a period of fifteen (15) days for IT security purposes.
In the event that you have given us your consent to process your data (e.g. for marketing purposes including the associated profiling), we will store your data until you revoke your consent or the processing purpose does not apply anymore.
For the retention period of cookies and other tracking, please refer to the details in our IDEX Cookie Notice, available here Viking Pump Cookie Notice https://www.vikingpump.com/cookie-notice
After these periods have expired, the data will be erased unless this data is required for a longer period due to legal retention periods, alternative purposes or for criminal prosecution. Beyond these retention periods, we may retain the data for the purposes of legal defence and law enforcement for as long as is necessary for the preparation or execution of a possible legal dispute (usually up to four years, whereby the legal dispute itself may inhibit the course of this period). If data can be stored for these reasons, it will be blocked. The data will then no longer be available for further use.
- Your Rights
The PIPL provides you with certain rights in relation to the processing of your personal data. Besides the rights listed below, you also have the right to request us to interpret this Statement for you.
- Request access to personal data about you (commonly known as a “data subject access re-quest”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request rectification, correction, or updating to any of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request personal data provided by you to be transferred in machine-readable format (“data portability”).
- Request erasure of personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no valid reason for us continuing to process it. Please note that there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain personal data regardless of any such request.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you (e.g. if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it).
- Withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You may also disable some types of cookies of our website directly through this site’s Advanced Cookie Settings control panel. Click the following button to access the control panel: Advanced settings The withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the prior processing.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You have the right to make a complaint with a data protection authority.
- Obligation to Provide Personal Data
You are under no contractual or statutory obligation to provide personal data. However, if you do not provide the personal data we require to process your request (e.g. when you contact us with questions about our products), we may not be able to respond to such request.
- Automated Decision-Making
No automated decision occurs on the Sites.
- Changes to This PIPL Privacy Addendum
IDEX reserves the right to amend this PIPL Privacy Addendum at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this PIPL Privacy Addendum, we will post the updated addendum on the Website and update the addendum’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions, or would like to exercise your rights with respect to your information pursuant to the PIPL, or otherwise need to contact us, you must contact both us and our representative in China (when applicable) at the contact information below:
To Contact: Viking Pump
Phone: (319) 266-1741
Postal Address: 406 State St, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
To Contact IDEX:
Postal Address: IDEX Corporation
Attn: Legal Department: Compliance/Privacy
3100 Sanders Road, Suite 301
Northbrook, IL 60062, USA
Phone: +86 (21) 52415599
Postal Address: IDEX Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Attn: Legal Department: Compliance/Privacy
Rm 3502-3504, Zhao Feng Plaza, No. 1027
Chang Ning Road